Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sick Days...

I caught the cold that seems to be going around NYC. And that makes me grumpy! I am tired, not feeling well, achy and bored. All I want is my comfy couch.

I notice that I struggle with patience... having enough of it that is. When I am not feeling well I find it even more difficult. When I am not feeling well I find it easy to place blame with others. I feel like people are out to get me or annoy me. I tell myself they are not doing it to me, they are just doing it. That usually helps. This too shall pass and before I know I will be as good as new again.

Today I am grateful for:

The fact that I only have a cold and I will be better in no time.
My couch, bed and any other comfortable piece of furniture.
The day is 3/4's of the way over.
Tonight is the last debate.
K2 is coming over to hang out tonight.
My apple pies came out yummy!
My mom and sisters.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and the nice comment. I hope you are feeling better!

Cat said...

Aw feel better - Apple pies Yum!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

That cold has been going around our house too -- and the short temper that goes with it. Hope you are feeling better soon.

PRAYER GIRL said...

Imagine my surprise when I returned home from meeting with a sponsee (we were doing the 4th step from "Paths to Recovery") and found a new follower.

Welcome, fellow blogger. I tend to vacillate in my mind sometimes whether I should continue blogging or not - then something like this happens. I discover someone new who is reading my blog.

Guess I'll continue for now. Thanks for reading!

The guy who writes here said...

I'd also like to thank you for reading my blog! It means a lot! I hope you feel better soon....and I'll have to ask my brother if he has the NYC cold (he lives in Harlem).

J-Online said...

I found your blog through Prayer Girl and love it. I hope it's ok that I linked you! Feel better soon

~Tyra~ said...

Just came across your blog, I'm glad I found it.

We talked about patience at my noon meeting yesterday. It was a great discussion and I certainly needed to hear it!